Carlos Konstanski on 23 Feb 2005 18:40:56 -0000

Re: [PLUG] cd recording frustration

Do an lsmod and make sure you don't have ide_scsi loaded.  Also check
your kernel config and make sure you have the right options for IDE
CDROM access enabled, and not the SCSI CDROM options.  In other words,
make sure your kernel is right for the job.

I can dig up more detail if needed.