Thomas A. Lowery on 17 Mar 2005 05:05:10 -0000

[PLUG] Recommendation on data recovery service

Does anyone have a data recovery service they either do or don't recommend for a 40GB WD EIDE hard drive?

My new NSLU2 (Linksys NAS device, running Linux of course) had a drive crash this morning that wasn't fully backed up.
I had put the drive in an inexpensive external case from CompUSA and it may have overheated. The drive was very hot and the case doesn't have a fan.

This is the 3rd drive in the last month that crashed. Is it something in the water?

Regards, Tom