Jeff Abrahamson on 4 Apr 2005 15:22:14 -0000

[PLUG] [OT] mailman and spam, new attack

On an archived mailman list I admin, I've noticed recently that we've
begun to get a lot of spam at fake addresses that mimic subscriber
addresses.  That is, if is subscribed to the list, we'll
get spam from or some such.  I suspect the tact is to
entice the moderator to accidentally approve the held messages.

Just fyi, since I know there are a bunch of list administrators on
this list.

 Jeff Abrahamson  <>    +1 215/837-2287