Eric Lucas on 2 May 2005 18:24:27 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Need to borrow a laptop

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 01:41:45PM -0400, Eric J. Roode wrote:
> My laptop broke, and it'll be in the shop for a few days at least.
> I need to borrow one, so I can give the emacs presentation this
> Wednesday.  Does anyone have one I could use?
>
> I'd need a 1024x768 screen, standard browser (preferably Firefox,
> but hey), a relatively recent emacs (21.x) installed, and some
> disk space where I can install slides and demo files.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Eric Roode

Eric:

I plan to bring my laptop to the meeting on Wednesday and it meets two of
your minimum requirements (1024x768 and Firefox) right now.  I will be
upgrading to SuSE 9.3 professional tonight (currently 9.0) so I'll check on
the precise version of emacs after the upgrade.  I can meet you there at
6pm (or earlier if necessary) if you want to put your files on it then.  I
cannot part with it before that time as it is my main "work" machine.  If
you can burn the necessary files to CD/DVD then they can be loaded from
disc or off of USP's network.

Hope this helps.

Eric Lucas