sean finney on 5 May 2005 16:07:43 -0000

Re: [PLUG] USB mount as Apache DocumentRoot

hi rodney,

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 02:31:32PM +0000, roliver3@comcast.net wrote:
> When it restarts I always get the following warning:
> Starting httpd: Warning: DocumentRoot [/var/www/html/content] does not exist

i'd be interested to know if it's apache saying this or the init script.
if you try and access your server via a browser, what shows up in
the error logs?

> I know the mount point exist because I can cd to the content dir and see files.  I've tried mounting to a different directory and creating sym links to the document root.  I've added Alias directives to the httpd.conf file then referencing the Alias in the DocumentRoot but all to no avail.  I know there has to be a way to do this.  Any help would greatly be appreciated.

are the permissions set correctly on the mountpoint and files?

	sean