roliver3 on 5 May 2005 17:58:30 -0000

Re: [PLUG] USB mount as Apache DocumentRoot

Chad,

That was it!!  I changed the policy in SELinux for apache, restarted and I can now access  the USB drive files. Awesome!!!  I had completely forgotten about the SELinux and it's security policies.  I knew you guys would be able to help me.  Thanks so much.

Actually, I found two ways to do it

1) disable SELinux for apache
setsebool -P httpd_disable_trans=1

2) Change the policy to let SELinux have access to new DocumentRoot
chcon -R system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t /my/new/docroot

Rodney