Mike Chirico on 6 May 2005 16:41:12 -0000

[PLUG] Tutorials

If interested, here are some Linux tutorials.

Breaking Firewalls with OpenSSH and PuTTY
http://souptonuts.sourceforge.net/sshtips.htm

This is really about port forwarding and, contrary to the title,
is not about bringing down firewalls. However, I wanted to show
that a firewalls can be side-stepped, if you need to gain legitimate
access and don't want to bother your System Admin.

Create your own custom Live Linux CD
http://souptonuts.sourceforge.net/cdrom.htm

Create a very small Linux distribution (11Megs). Every step is
covered, including compiling the 2.6 kernel from source. This tutorial
makes use of BusyBox, which may be found on your wireless device.

SQLite Tutorial
http://souptonuts.sourceforge.net/readme_sqlite_tutorial.html

I'm biased; but, I think this in the category of "Best Software in
the Public Domain". SQLite, in my opinion is one of the best databases.

150 Linux Tips
http://souptonuts.sourceforge.net/how_to_linux_and_open_source.htm

Over 150 Linux and open source tips that I have collected. I try to
update this every few days.

Gmail on Home Linux Box using Postfix and Fetchmail
http://souptonuts.sourceforge.net/postfix_tutorial.html

I listed this early this week. If anyone finds needed corrections, I'll
send you a gmail invite while they last. I have 10 left.

All tutorials are GPL or in the public domain. If you find errors, please
let me know.

Thanks,

Mike Chirico