jazzman on 17 May 2005 01:08:04 -0000

Re: [PLUG] SMB + FC3 = GRRRRR!

On Mon, 16 May 2005, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> 	Can you just try clearing all your firewall rules and seeing if
> that has any effect?  I don't know the requirements well enough to know if
> the stuff listed below is right or not.

Yep, that was it. I was hot on the trail thanks the help. What I realized
was that even though I had a line in the system-config-securitylevel file
to open the smb ports for udp, that was never actually getting set in the
firewall. I went into the iptables firewall file in /etc/sysconfig and
added a few lines to open the smb ports (137, 138, 139, 445) for udp, and
now I can start removing the unnecessary ones. Any hints on which I don't
need open for UDP? Keep in mind that this machine sits on a private
network behind a hardware firewall, so only local network systems can see
it.

Thanks again for the quick help all :)
Marc