C. Meyers on 8 Jun 2005 00:47:10 -0000

Re: [PLUG] web hosting companies (possibly OT)

Dan Crosta wrote:
> This is probably pretty well off topic, but I figure this might be a
> good group of brains to pick:
>
> I'm helping the Mercer County Ultimate Disc League with their website,
> and our current free webhost is really amazingly slow. The only
> requirements for the site are php (no safe mode), mysql access and
> preferably shell accounts. Just wondering if anyone has had any
> experience with reliable, quick, and cheap webhosts? We're looking at
> about a $200 anual budget, which may be pretty tight.
>
> Thanks,
> dsc

I have used LiquidWeb.com for nearly 4 years. For $15/month (cheaper if
you buy in 6 month blocks), you get PHP, Perl, an unlimited number of
MySQL databases, a shell account, and POP3/IMAP. Their IMAP access is
pretty slow, but I've never had problems with their speed over HTTP.