Edmund Goppelt on 8 Jun 2005 16:33:39 -0000

Re: [PLUG] [OT] Comcast problems anyone?

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 10:30:58AM -0400, Jon Nelson wrote:
> Anyone know about this "upgrade" or have any ideas of what might be going
> on?  Comcast has a great record with their "upgrades" (ie., DNS, DVR,
> etc...) and was just wondering if this might be part of another saga.

My Comcast was out for about 12 hours Sunday night/Monday morning and
did not respond to power cycling.  Tech Support at Comcast was able to
reinitialize my modem remotely, but scheduled an on-site visit on the
suspicion my signal was low.  The Comcast repairman showed up
yesterday and informed me that there had been a "re-provisioning" of
the Comcast system which he described as changing the way the cable
modems interact with Comcast's servers.  Since there was nothing for
him to repair--my line was working just fine--he ran a speed test and
left.

--

Ed Goppelt
http://www.hallwatch.org