M.Simons on 11 Jun 2005 00:05:42 -0000

Re: [PLUG] linux x windows and a hacked cuecat ps2 barcode scanner

Since it's modified already, I don't have an answer for you.

I would suggest that the answer is out there somewhere on the net,
although since most of the pages are rather old, it may be hard to find.
(It took me a while to find good advice on how to best scan so as to
consistently get a result.)

I'm currently using a USB cuecat (and somewhere around here I have a PS2
model.)

I actually just started using my cuecat (however, currently under windows,
not linux) to scan in books, cds, and other media in readerware
(www.readerware.com) which is shareware...but IS cross-platform (I haven't
paid yet, but am quickly getting addicted to the ease of use.)

There are other interesting projects such as iBookshelf which I'm terribly
fascinated with but don't know yet how to get it installed under windows
[tips are appreciated.] (my linux box is currently terribly antiquated and
in need of a total upgrade and overhaul, not to mention working usb
ports.)

I have SOOOOO much stuff to scan it, too bad more than half of it doesn't
have UPC codes. :(
--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY www.michaelsimons.com
Turning Old Into New?: Please Take Materials Exchange : www.pleasetake.org