sean finney on 17 Jun 2005 18:55:08 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Bug in Debian Sarge package

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 12:20:23PM -0400, Greg Helledy wrote:
> However, the sarge package retains the bug.  Am I then supposed to file
> a bug report with the debian package manager, if none exists for this bug?

yeah.  if you want to be extra nice, you can add the tag "sarge" to
the bug report to notify the developer that it's a bug in the sarge
version. you can also add "sid" if it hasn't yet been fixed in unstable.

after the developer fixes it in unstable they can remove the sid tag,
and the bug can then remain open and tagged sarge for posterity.  you can
also add the "upstream" tag, and include the url to the upstream bug
report for reference.

	sean