John McElroy on 1 Jul 2005 19:33:12 -0000

Re: [PLUG] dvd burner

Stewart B. Lone wrote:
> Does anyone have any suggestions for a dvd burner compatible with
> Linux, or point me to a resource with information.
> I see one on sale at Staples for a nice price[$139.00]Memorex-all
> modes but dont want to buy a pig in the poke that wont work with
> current OS.
> Thanx
> Stewart
I use a Plextor PX-712A DVDR/RW-CDR/RW and it works reasonably well
under Linux  (using FC4).  I use it with K3b and am able to burn DVD iso
images of FC4 & Sarge as well as back up data from my HDD.  I have not
tried backing up movie DVDs yet.