Art Clemons on 14 Jul 2005 22:37:40 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Burning DVDs under linux

>I recently bought an OEM-packaged dual-layer DVD burner.  The hardware
>works fine and I can burn CDs with XCDRoast.  However, apparently to
>burn DVDs I need to pay Jörg Schilling some money to enable that
>function in cdrecord.  Another alternative is Nero for linux:

You could try K3B http://www.k3b.org/, which produces an interface
supposedly close to that of Nero in windows.

Also Schilling apparently provides a free version with a key which
expires on a regular basis, personally I suspect K3B is easier to get
along with, but if you want command line utilities.............