Christopher M. Jones on 21 Jul 2005 20:28:34 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Death in the family

Have you thought about building from a generic barebones system? I find
that most of the brand name computers are generally proprietary in
annoying ways. For example, I tried adding a hard drive to a dell, but
the cage was in a funny place and had room for only one drive. You had
to buy a second cage from Dell to put it in. Also, the USB headers often
have proprietary setups, so adding front i/o is difficult. Then, it is
often difficult to identify chipsets, as these computers ship with
re-branded components.

Come to think of it, why not just buy a new mobo/processor combo off of
pricewatch or froogle, keep your case and other components, and save
some $$?

Christopher M. Jones <cjones@partialflow.com>