George Gallen on 27 Jul 2005 19:23:06 -0000

RE: [PLUG] GPG question/problem

I thought about sudo running the script as myself, which should
probably work. I just hoped there was a workaround with the switches.

I tried --keyring and --homedir, but I still get the permissions error.
So...I guess I'll give sudo a try next.

Thanks
George

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org]On Behalf Of Andrew Libby
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 3:18 PM
To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List
Subject: Re: [PLUG] GPG question/problem

Looks like you might try things like --keyring or setting --homedir.
Permissions on your keyring may need to be modified, and I don't know
how pedantic gpg is about that.  One option might be to setup
a user for this purpose and permit execution of a very specific command
using sudo.  If done correctly this seems like it could guard the keys
yet give enough access to get what you're looking for.

Thoughts folks?

Andy