John Von Essen on 28 Jul 2005 02:48:41 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Linux Jobs @ Google...

I figured the MS/Phd thing would fizzle out eventually as you guys start hiring more and more.

Just curious (I have no intentions of applying since I won't leave Philly area), does Google generally offer lower-then-average salaries since a Google job carries the perks of... being at Google, stock options, etc.,.

I know people who work at companies like IBM and Vanguard, and their salaries tend to be on the low end, since their employer gives them the "job-for-life" opportunity, plus really good benefits, etc.,. Just curious.

-john