gyoza on 30 Jul 2005 18:25:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] [OT] donation possibilities

Mike Romano wrote:

> Hi, all. I've got some older computer hardware and accessories that
> I'd like to not have. :-) I'm interested in donating to a non-profit,
> barring any possibility of sale. The "high end" of the collection is
> some good quality 17" CRTs and a PIII-500. After that, it's everything
> from printer cables to to CD-ROM drives to PII motherboards and procs.
> Any ideas about possible organizations/individuals with an interest?

I know CHLUG, not an official non-profit by choice, was planning to put
at least one Linux PC in a library.  With more good hardware maybe we
could do more.

Another possibility is to offer the equipment on Freecycle.  Sometimes
people representing non-profits will request things through Freecycle or
one of it's related chat lists.  Usually individuals request or offer
stuff.  In that case it would be up to you to determine who would get
the stuff.