Andrew Libby on 11 Aug 2005 15:00:01 -0000

Re: [PLUG] USB memory stick won't unmount

I use konqueror to access my camera media.  My experience is that
it's not enough to close the window which you were using to access the
area mounted.  My experince is that I need to close out konqueror
alltogether.  When I do that, I have much more luck.

When this happens, you can try fuser or lsof to try to determin what
processes
are still accessing the drive.  I'm always leaving xterms, shells, or
sessions
hidden by sudo accessing the mount point.

Andy