Doug Crompton on 8 Sep 2005 02:47:04 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Apache v1.3 configuration

Here is an example of a domain I own that I redirect to a different
server:

<VirtualHost *>
# NGA - redirection
    ServerName www.nga-inc.org
    ServerAlias nga-inc.org
    Redirect permanent / http://web.starlinx.com/nga/index.htm
    ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/nga_error.log
    CustomLog /var/log/httpd/nga_access.log common
</VirtualHost>

Not exactly what you asked for but maybe it will help.

Doug

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, Jim Kelly wrote:

> I have a couple questions about  Apache v1.3 configuration:
>
> 1. What's the best way to redirect all domain calls from domain1.com
> to domain2.com?
>
> I've read the docs at <http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/misc/
> rewriteguide.html> and what I'm doing seems to be canonical hostname,
> but I'm hesitant to enter the example as shown because I don't
> understand all the symbols used. I need like a guide to the user
> guide! (Pointers to web site documentation or good books to decipher
> this stuff are greatly appreciated! I haven't found an "Apache
> Administration for Dummies" book yet.)
>

> 2. I want to use AWstats to analyze the log files. Are you using the
> common log file, combined log file format, or something else? While
> we're at it, are you using AW Stats or something else?
>

> 3. With virtual hosts, I've got a friend with 8 domains that he wants
> to point to the same set of web pages.  Of course, he wants to see in
> the log file which domain is the most popular of the 8. Should I make
> vhost entries for each of them or is there an easier way?
>

> Thanks a bunch for your help!
>

> Jim (the newbie)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *