Jason on 13 Sep 2005 00:18:12 -0000

Re: [PLUG] laptop/notebook recommendations

On 9/12/05, Bill Patterson <patterson@computer.org> wrote:
> What would the readers of this list recommend for a laptop/notebook
> computer that could dualboot Windoze and Linux?

Any of the Thinkpad T40/41/42/43 line would be great.  My T40 runs
great under SuSE Pro 9.3.  Bluetooth, Wifi (ipw2100) all work great.
Display works very nicely at 1400x1050.

It's a very nice solution, IMHO.

My company recently issued me a T43, which also boots up Knoppix quite
nicely (I left the corp xp pro image installed, after all, it IS for
work).  My old work T40 took a nasty spill - the concrete floor seemed
to be about the only thing that could kill that T40, which is why I
got the T43..