Michael Lazin on 18 Sep 2005 23:45:51 -0000

[PLUG] linux on xbox

I am attempting the "software method" of installing linux on an xbox.
I have a usb adapter for my xbox and am attempting to copy an image of
a minimal linux kernel on to my usb flash drive.  I am using mac os x.

I insert my flash drive and type "mount" at the command line to see
what device it is.  I am using the command "cat
MechInstaller-1.0-FATX-128MB.img > /dev/disk1s1"

It always says "Resource Busy."  I have also attempted to use "dd"
with the same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael