sean finney on 17 Oct 2005 14:19:54 -0000

Re: [PLUG] klik & ubuntu/debian

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 10:04:48AM -0400, Art Alexion wrote:
> It wants to remove ksudoku.  I don't want to do this because it runs
> fine.  is there a way to get apt to stop complaining?

my guess is that there isn't, because then apt/dpkg wouldn't
be doing its job.  the package is conflicting with other
packages installed on the system.  this will probably become
a major pita, because while dpkg may be fine with installing
other packages manually in the meantime, apt will probably refuse
to do anything helpful until the "problem" is resolved.

i'm surprised that it works, actually.  looking at the dependencies,
it's also built against a different version of libc6 and other
libraries.  because most/all of the libraries in questioned have
versioned symbols, i'm surprised you don't get some error like
"libfooNN.so.X.Y: file not found" or "undefined reference to symbol
_foo_bar_NN.N".

anyway, if you really want to fix the solution, you'll probably need
to remove ksudoku and find an alternative way to install it, or upgrade
your entire system's kde.  i'd be interested to know of another way,
anyway.

	sean