Andrew Libby on 22 Oct 2005 16:52:36 -0000

Re: [PLUG] SSH timeout

If I understand what's going on. it'd seem that asleep means
that TCP connections are going to timeout.  This will either happen
at the application level, or the TCP level, both of which are
above the hardware, and the hardware is essentially off/ inactive.

Unfortuniately, I think that if you really want to keep your connections
from timing out, you'll need to turn off suspend.

This is of course, unless there is some magic to keep connections active
during a sleep, but I'm not sure how this could be possible since it'd
take knowledge of TCP and each of the applications to do it adequately.

Good luck with it.

Andy