Art Alexion on 31 Oct 2005 00:36:33 -0000

Re: [PLUG] kmail and verizon SMTP

tom.hornberger@verizon.net wrote:

>On Friday 28 October 2005 11:21, Art Alexion wrote:
>

>>Has anyone on this list succeeded in getting kmail's SMTP to work with
>>Verizon's server?  POP works fine, but (in spite of configuring for
>>immediate send) mail ends up in outbox and the send queued mail commands
>>don't seem to do anything.  No disk activity; no error message -- just
>>nothing.
>>

>I'm using KMail now.  I have KMail set to use SMTP for sending through
>outgoing.verizon.net.  Server requires authentication is checked and my
>verizon user name and password are filled in.

What do you have set as far as Encryption and Authentication Method?
Are you using more than one Identity?

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c