LeRoy Cressy on 1 Nov 2005 13:55:55 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT - winxp file evaporation

Michael C Finn wrote:
> [...]

I think that you can find your file if you mount the filesystem as a
msdos file system

mount -t msdos /dev/fatfs-dev /mountpoint
This will take away all of the long filenames from view, and every file
will be 8.3

This might work, though I never tried it.

- --
 Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy  mailto:leroy@lrcressy.com   /\_/\
                       http://lrcressy.com        ( o.o )
                       Phone:  215-535-4037        > ^ <
                       FAX:    215-535-4285

gpg fingerprint:  62DE 6CAB CEE1 B1B3 359A  81D8 3FEF E6DA 8501 AFEA

For info on enigmail:    http://lrcressy.com/linux/mozilla.pdf
For info on gpg:         http://www.gnupg.org/