gyoza on 28 Nov 2005 21:21:33 -0000

Re: [PLUG] [OT] Career opportunities

I agree that it would take a few years to complete nursing school.  Last
I heard there is a waiting list to get into a program and that
out-of-county people are actually being rejected in favor of locals.
Anyway, it could take a while just to fulfill the general education
requirements before even starting the nursing-specific classes.

But, definitely, nursing or teaching seems more significant and
fulfilling than working on stuff that becomes obsolete the next day.
(Including the people doing the work!)