James Fiore on 5 Dec 2005 18:59:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] GUI Reporting tool

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005, Carl Husa wrote:

I'm looking for a GUI reporting tool for MySQL - the tool <GASP!> must run on MS Windows XP.  Additionally, it would be nice if the same tool could also connect to Oracle, PostgreSQL and maybe Access.  Open source is great, inexpensive is okay.  Really need some flexibility: I'm profiling data coming from a half dozen different sources, and need to make certain that what started out one way, ends up the same way when merged with the other data.

Jasper Reports is a java-based tool which will connect to all of those databases either through native JDBC drivers (I think there's one for each listed) or the JDBC-ODBC bridge.  It's free and has XML-based report designs.