Chris Duryee on 30 Dec 2005 00:31:41 -0000

Re: [PLUG] basic system administration, preferably in AIX and LINUX

On 17:05, Thu 29 Dec 05, Lock, Brian wrote:
> Can anyone tell where I can pick up some basic system administration tips,
> tools, training and/or books, preferably in AIX and LINUX?

I like the Unix System Administration Handbook by Nemeth, Snyder, et
al. You can probably find it in a library. It's full of general
information, plus specifics for Red Hat, Solaris, HP-UX, and FreeBSD.

It's a good book because it covers the general ideas of Unix. It's not a
reference by any means, but it gives you the concepts in such a way that
you can fill in the blanks with a reference book (or man pages and
google).

--
Chris Duryee <duryee@gmail.com> PGP: A9016BD6