Toby DiPasquale on 18 Jan 2006 17:02:03 -0000

multilanguage meeting idea (was Re: [PLUG] Perl question...)

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 11:43:12AM -0500, Andrew Libby wrote:
> <alibby:meeting-idea>
>
> Perhaps I'm too much of a programmer type, but I really appreciated
> seeing the ruby example.   I think that seeing a few simple problems
> solved in Ruby, Python and Perl (with explanations of course) would
> make for a pretty interesting meeting.    I fall into the Perl way of
> doing things (as if there's just one Perl way...).  But I'm very interested
> other high level languages as well.
>
> </alibby:meeting-idea>

Not a bad idea. PLEAC[1] is an incomplete translation of the examples in the
Perl Cookbook to a number of other languages. Perhaps we could do a Perl
Idioms -> Python/Ruby meeting sometime in the future? Anybody else
interested in that?

[1] http://pleac.sf.net/

--
Toby DiPasquale