Marc Zucchelli on 23 Jan 2006 20:52:31 -0000

[PLUG] has anyone had problems getting local logins to work with vsftpd?

I just installed vsftpd on opensuse 10.  I have
local_enable set to YES.  The vsftpd FAQ addresses
this problem.  Yes I do have a valid shell, yes it
links against PAM, yes I copied over the sample PAM
file to /etc/pam.d/ftp. No luck!  The only think I can
think of is the sample pam file was made for redhat
and I am running opensuse.  I dont see why that would
be a problem, but I'm not expert on pam.  I checked
all of the filepaths in the file and they seem to be
correct.

Any ideas?

Thanks!