Andrew Libby on 26 Jan 2006 12:48:09 -0000

Re: [PLUG] HTTP file command line download

Doug Crompton wrote:

>Ok now for my next question....
>
>I need to download an http file with a command line program.
>
>Something like....
>
>httpdownload -f http://www.someplace.com/somefile.mp3 > mylocalfile
>
>I imagine there would be something in Perl but I did not find anything in
>a fast search.
>
>Doug

In addition to the suggestions of Mark and Eric, there's the Perl LWP
command
GET that's usually setup when perl LWP is installed.  I believe it's
installed
with perl these days.

GET http://someplace.com/somefile.mp3 > localfile.mp3

I think curl and wget will have the advantage of naming the local file for
you, which is quite convienient.

Andy

--
Andrew Libby
alibby@philadelphiariders.com

1999 SV650
1999 Laverda 750S
1996 BMWR1100RS
1981 Moto Guzzi CX100 (in Lemans I clothing)