John Von Essen on 26 Jan 2006 19:30:31 -0000

[PLUG] SysAdm/DBA Job in KoP

The company I am currently working at is seeking another SysAdm/DBA.
Ideally we are looking for a Linux SysAdm, with good exposure to MySql,
Oracle, or both. Linux is mostly Debian, with some RHEL 3.0/4.0. There is
a little Solaris, but not much. And we have four legacy Tru64
AlphaServers - so knowledge in that is good - but not required as those
machine are on their way out. See below job details. If interested, please
email me your resume. Thanks

-John

System Administrator/DBA
Position Background:
Maintain the functionality of the Linux and UNIX servers and Database
servers and work to improve functionality of those systems.

Job Description:
Major responsibilities of the position are as follows:
Server Support 15%
Troubleshooting/user support 25%
Billing Server Support 5%
Backups (Legato) 10%
System Monitoring 10%
Server Patches/Firmware Upgrades 10%
Projects 25%

Position Requirements:
3-5 years experience as a System Administrator
Experience with Oracle or MySQL Database Administration
Experience with Debian Linux
Experience with server hardware troubleshooting and repair

Special Skills/ Requirements:
Solaris a plus, Perl Scripting, PL/SQL programming a plus, PHP & ASP, CVS,
Nagios, MRTG, SNMP