Daniel Widyono on 1 Feb 2006 16:05:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Personal Financial software

>     * GnuCash - clunky interface; much too powerful and business
>       oriented for my personal needs

If you can wait or are still looking when they release it, give GnuCash
another try later this year.  They're about to release a very significant
version bump (prepping for GC2).  I've been using GC1.x for a couple of
years, and actually enjoy it, and have been monitoring their mailing list for
many months now in anticipation of GC2 pre-releases.

GC1.x is definitely usable and I personally like the interface, FWIW, for
others who are also looking for finance software.

	http://www.gnucash.org
	http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Release_Schedule

The largest hurdle for a newbie (IMHO) is to get used to Double Entry (if you
choose to use it, which I highly recommend).

	http://www.gnucash.org/en/features_5.phtml

Dan W.

(I am not affiliated with the program or group, other than subscribing to
their mailing list; I am simply very happy using it)