Cosmin Nicolaescu on 14 Feb 2006 22:31:30 -0000

Re: [PLUG] NIS gurus: listening for response to NIS broadcast request

On Tue, February 14, 2006 3:42 am, sean finney wrote:
> here's a tricky one, which may only be tricky to me because i
> am not incredibly familiar with the internal workings of NIS:
>
> does anyone know of a way (cmdline or preferably system calls) to
> broadcast to find *all* NIS servers on the local network segment?
> something that would come a close 2nd place would be if anyone knew
> a way to broadcast for a list of masters for a specific domain...
>

> 	sean

Since NIS only broadcasts when it starts up, and the rest of the time it
just waits for clients to connect, I'm not sure there is a way to do it...

-Cos

--
GPG key fingerprint = DE9F 4664 E666 2BD1 903E  4F4D EA31 5FB1 C7F9 08C1