Tom Diehl on 27 Mar 2006 16:33:36 -0000

[PLUG] Re: rhel hangs after running up2date

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006, Michael Lazin wrote:

> Yeah, the sendmail client appears to be hanging.  I can wait for a long
> time, it does nothing.  I am able to boot into single user mode, but I am
> unsure of what to do when I boot into single user mode.

When the machine boots normally watch the screen for the Press I for interactive
prompt and do just that. Press i ONE time and wait for the prompt. It will then
let you step through each service and ask you if you want to start it. Skip the
one that the machine hangs on. Once the machine is up you can T/S and fix the problem.

Regards,

Tom

Tom Diehl		tdiehl@rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123@rogueind.com