Mike Ciul on 29 Mar 2006 16:47:11 -0000

[PLUG] Procmail problem? yahoo groups bounce

My yahoo group messages frequently bounce causing my membership to be
suspended. My ISP's support recommended removing the procmail script.
Since I belong to several lists and get a good amount of spam, I don't
want to do that. Can anyone suggest another approach?

I will post my procmailrcs if you like.

- Mikee

Last Bounced Message
** Description **

"|/usr/local/bin/procmail"
(reason: 554 5.4.6 Too many hops)
(expanded from: <capmikee@critpath.org>)

554 5.4.6 Too many hops 19 (15 max): from
<sentto-12231153-2752-1143558644-mikes_freecycle=eyeballsun.org@returns.groups.yahoo.com>
via deduce.CritPath.Org, to <capmikee@critpath.org>

** Delivery Status **
Reporting-MTA: dns; synergy.critpath.org
Received-From-MTA: DNS; deduce.CritPath.Org
Arrival-Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:12:57 -0500 (EST)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; capmikee@critpath.org
Diagnostic-Code: X-Unix; 554 5.4.6 Too many hops
Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:12:57 -0500 (EST)

--
Even if we transport all the bombs to the moon, the roots of war and
the roots of the bombs are still here - in our hearts and minds - and,

 - Thich Nhat Hanh, "Love in Action: Writings on Nonviolent Social
Change." Berkeley, CA: Parallax Press, 1993