Art Alexion on 3 Apr 2006 20:06:01 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: Verizon & spam blocking

On Monday 03 April 2006 15:26, gyoza@comcast.net wrote:
> Is there a way to fetch the bulk mail, just in case?

Through the web mail interface, you can mark stuff in the Bulk folder, "Not
Spam", and it is moved to the inbox and retrieved with POP.

> I really don't like the idea of anyone other than myself limiting what I
> receive.  Especially since I have a Yahoo! JAPAN e-mail address and I
> communicate with people in other countries.

Verizon's spam filters are actually quite good.  I set up a dummy account
through which I forward all of my alexion.com business mail, just to take
advantage of the filtering.  Much better than the Mozilla bogofilter.  Trains
well.  Once stuff is marked "Not Spam", it isn't diverted again.

I just thought it was ironic that the Class Settlement Notice itself was
automatically classified as spam.

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for
alarm.
Info @

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c