Doug Crompton on 5 Apr 2006 15:16:00 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: Verizon & spam blocking

Ok according to  http://www.tqmcube.com/origins.php  you are somewhat
right. It shows 42% US. That is still a great deal coming from offshore.
In my case blocking offshore IP's did eliminate the problem. Most of the
onshore problems are open relays. When I do occasionally have a comcast or
other US ISP problem I report it and I do not see it again. I only have to
look at my mail log and see the endless list of rejects to understand how
much I am dumping. My sendmail access list is quite a large file.

Looking at the charts from the above site it looks like spam has tripled
in the last year and that Verizon has gotten much better, and comcast and
rr worse as offenders.

Doug