Chris Marget on 28 Apr 2006 12:15:33 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Re: FIOS

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Tom Diehl wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Apr 2006, Michael C. Toren wrote:
>
> > the FCC hasn't (yet?) ruled that CLECs must be given
> > access to the FIOS infrastructure, and meanwhile they get to rip out the
> > existing copper plant, removing the possibility of CLECs ever servicing
> > the customer again.  Brilliantly evil.
>
> Hummmmmm, I wonder what they do if you have multiple lines serviced by
> different companies?

I've wondered the same thing.  Currently, my Verizon copper is being
used as a naked DSL line through Speakeasy (and nothing else).

If I sign up for FIOS, I can't imagine they'd kill my Speakeasy
connection.  Speakeasy is paying for it afterall...

/chris