jazzman on 14 May 2006 00:49:01 -0000

[PLUG] GRUB Installation Error

I followed the outlined procedure below and everything dump/restored
proprely onto my 40g hard drive. THe 40g was in a USB case, and now I want
to put grub on it and swap the current drive with the 40g.

The 40g is currently listed as /dev/sda since it's a usb drive, but trying
to run grub-install /dev/sda returns:

	/dev/sda does not have any corresponding BIOS drive.

So I did some looking online, and it suggested either adding a line to
device.map in /boot/grub, or modifying (temporarily) the file to make the
hd0 line point to /dev/sda. Neither worked. Both gave the similar errors.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Marc