Henry Umansky on 26 May 2006 18:42:56 -0000

Re: [PLUG] How do you set a NIC to only be 10mbs in Linux?

You didn't really get into much details with the problems you are having, I guess you are having trouble connecting to your hub, switch, router, etc.  If thats the case, then try this command:

mii-tool -F 10baseTx ethX

replace ethX with your NIC interface (eth0, eth1, etc).  You might also need to change the duplex to half duplex to prevent collisions.  If thats the case replace "10baseTx" with "10baseTx-HD".  Also make sure you don't have any other media connected to your hub, switch, etc that is 100 mbps full duplex, otherwise you will see a lot of collisions.  If this doesn't work, describe your problem in a little more detail.

-Henry