John Von Essen on 31 May 2006 15:53:54 -0000

Re: [PLUG] voip...

You need to take the copper phone network in your house and have it feed
off the phone port on your Vonage DSL/VoIP router.

Easiest way to do this is cut the phone line coming into your house at the
demarc point. Then, extend the exterior phone line directly to your DSL
modem. Then simply connect the phone port of the Vonage router to any of
your existing RJ11 faceplates. At that point, any other RJ11 faceplate
jack in your house will be live with phone service. Just plug in and talk.
This whole process can be easily reversed if you decide to go back to
traditional voice.

-John