Claude M. Schrader on 31 May 2006 21:10:10 -0000

[PLUG] DCANet DSL Offerings (WAS: Speakeasy/COVAD outages yesterday)

Hello,
I just wanted to clarify a few things about DCANet's DSL offerings that
came up in this thread. The Covad outages experienced in the past few
weeks were related to a DS3 problem in one of the Philadelphia COs, and
affected Covad customers with many providers, not just DCANet's Covad
customers.

DCANet offers DSL through Verizon and Covad. Because of increasing outages
such as the ones from the past few weeks, we are encouraging all of our
Covad customers to switch to DCANet DSL through Verizon. You will need
local phone service from Verizon to qualify for this DSL. For more
information, please email sales@dca.net, or call 888-4-DCANET
Prompt 4.

For those of you who are inconvenienced by the dhcp assigned IPs, it is
only necessary to have the primary IP assigned by DHCP. For no additional
charge, DCANet will assign a routed netblock of 6 IPs, which can be
assigned statically, and do not require MAC address mappings on our side.
Please note that if you have a hardware router, it must have the ability
to turn NAT off for this to work. For more information on this, please
email help@dca.net.
Best Regards,
Claude

Claude M. Schrader                      302-295-4707
Network Technician                      215-701-6500 x4707
Consult Dynamics/DCANet                 888-4DCANet (888-432-2638)
cschrader@dca.net                       http://www.dca.net