Michael Bevilacqua on 2 Jun 2006 12:55:21 -0000

[PLUG] Sendmail backup MX queuing spams

Hey-

I recently setup a new backup MX for a large volume mailhost and found
the backup MX host queuing thousands of spam. As per the sendmail
documentation I disabled double bounces using:

define(`confDOUBLE_BOUNCE_ADDRESS',`')dnl

However this doesn't solve the problem of the volume of messages that
are stored in the mail queue. I looked around the net for some answers
but all of the solutions were either proprietary or less than 'data'
safe. Am I missing some obvious feature?

--
Michael D. Bevilacqua