Art Alexion on 13 Jun 2006 13:01:06 -0000

Re: [PLUG] printing directory tree

On Monday 12 June 2006 13:54, Stephen Gran wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 01:02:00PM -0400, Art Alexion said:
> > On Monday 12 June 2006 12:34, Stephen Gran wrote:
> > > On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 12:18:27PM -0400, Art Alexion said:
> > >
> > > tree | lpr
> >
> > Perfect.  tree -Rl > file.name worked nicely too.
>
> Gald to hear it.

I have it refined with

tree -H . -Rl -I *.torrent* > list.html

> > > That's slightly harder, but I would look at the perl modules MP3::Info
> > > and MP3::Tag for extracting information out of the files.  I have
> > > something around that does a similar thing, so if you need help, let me
> > > know and I'll try to dig it out.
> >
> > I am a perl 'user' but not a programmer.  If you have something that
> > wouldn't require me to do more than a simple bash script (which I can
> > do), I would really appreciate it.
>
> Hmm, what I have is designed for ripping the files off of an ipod -
> they're stored with random filenames to make this difficult, so I read
> the id3 tag off of them, and then construct the destination filename
> from that.  I'm happy to share it, but if you aren't really comfortable
> with perl, then it may not be all that much help.
>
> I guess I would suggest the small program id3tool - it's a simple c
> program that can read or write the id3 tag information, so it could be
> scripted fairly easily.  I have seen it fial sometimes, but I haven't
> investigated why yet - it may just be an id3 tag version mismatch or
> something.

I have it and have used it to preserve and copy tags in scripts that convert
encoding.  I will play with it.  Thanks again.

Art Alexion
Arthur S. Alexion LLC

alarm.
Info @