Doug Crompton on 15 Jun 2006 15:04:23 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Using wget for weather bug API

In compiling xmlt....

done || ( RC=$?; cat ./FAQ; exit $RC )
./xmlto: xsltproc: command not found
./xmlto: xsltproc: command not found

Q: I'm trying to build xmlto on my Debian box, but it doesn't work.

A: If you get `Attempt to load network entity' errors when building
   xmlto, your system does not have the required support for XML
   Catalogs
   (http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/spec-2001-08-06.html).
   In particular, Debian has no support for these.  Try the Fedora
   Project <http://fedora.redhat.com>.
make[1]: *** [man/man1/xmlto.1] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/utils/xmlto-0.0.18'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Does this mean I also need xsltproc ??   I am running this on a suse 7.3
system with 2.4 kernel.

Doug

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, Stephen Gran wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 10:36:33AM -0400, Doug Crompton said:
> > Ok answering my own question.. I did not have ''s around the http string.
> > So I have the XML data. What is the best (and easiest) way to make this
> > into text??
>
> xmlto txt file.xml
>
> (package xmlto, Debian unstable)
> --
>  --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> |  Stephen Gran                  | "And do you think (fop that I am) that  |
> |  steve@lobefin.net             | I could be the Scarlet Pumpernickel?" - |
> |  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | - Looney Tunes, The Scarlet             |
> |                                | Pumpernickel (1950, Chuck Jones)        |

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug@crompton.com        *