Eric Hidle on 16 Jun 2006 00:27:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: SourceXtreme has no current openings in Exton, PA

Jason, you're absolutely right. This *is* really damn odd... :)

Jason Nocks wrote:
Apologies in advance for the off-topic discussion.

So, why am I posting a message to the list?

Because, we've found the best results by building relationships with people prior to forming an official contract or hiring someone officially. We *may* need to hire employees or contractors in the future. We *may* in particular want to hire a part-time administrator. Perhaps a college student that could work some days when not in class, etc. Perhaps an intern. We're open to discussing whether or not any particular arrangement might make sense.

Specifically, we like to find ways to let people try working with us (for pay) for short predefined periods (hours to days) prior to either party making a final decision.

Obviously, it's often easier to try working together if you are in or near the western suburbs of Philadelphia, where our group regularly works.

Again, I'll repeat, "we currently have 0 (zero) job openings". If you are primarily looking for companies that have current openings that you can submit a resume to be considered for, SourceXtreme is probably not the organization for you. I don't wish to waste your time or the time of the group at SourceXtreme.

I understand this message may be unusual. And my apologies in advance if this is confusing or upsetting to anyone, or if people think messages like this don't belong on this list. If so, please feel free to contact me at the information below.

For a *slightly* more traditional view of some of the things we may be looking for as well as some hiring practices we use, please go to http://wiki.sourcextreme.org/index.php/Job_Openings

The group at SourceXtreme has a strong preference for working with GNU/Linux distributions. I'd be happy to provide additional information if that would be helpful.