edward.pike on 19 Jun 2006 20:22:37 -0000

RE: [PLUG] need advice with alsa / stereo downmix

> Hi all
>
> Can anybody point me in the right direction, not too familiar
> with ALSA setup; my current problem is:
>
> mythtv box connected to STEREO (2-channel) amp/speakers, the problem
> is that the setup sounds like its missing the center channel (where
>

> {snip}
>
> epike

> are you sure your speakers are wired in phase?

hmm I will check.  that would indeed cancel the center sound.

my other alternative is to bring back the motherboard 5.1 ch
sound so I can see everything in alsa mixer & play around with
it (right now its only showing balance & volume for the usb
stereo device).

will check & report back if i see something interesting.

epike