TuskenTower on 23 Jun 2006 19:06:26 -0000

Re: [PLUG] vanilla kernel on yellow dog

Michael,
 Is this an OldWorld Mac or a NewWorld Mac?

Amul

On 6/23/06, Michael Lazin <microlaser@gmail.com> wrote:
I am trying to build a vanilla kernel on yellow dog linux and everytime I
successfully compile a kernel it does not boot.  When I try to boot my new
kernel it always hangs on "returning from prom init." I found a prebuilt
2.6.17-rc3 and tried it and had the same problem.  I am currently trying to
build 2.6.17.1 from kernel.org.  I created an initrd and I I tried hard
compiling the ata driver.  This is frustrating.  I want 2.6.17 because it
includes the module for my wireless card.

Michael